Welcome family and friends to my very first blog. To abandon means to surrender or yield oneself and I have recklessly abandoned my life to heed the call that God has put on my heart to move to Romania and work with orphan children. I am full of unbounded enthusiasm and exuberance as I begin this journey to Romania and am excited to share my adventure with you!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ladies Tea


I arrived back in Bistrita just in time to help with the annual Ladies Tea and I’m so glad I didn’t miss it since it is a lot of fun and a great time to get to know people a little better. Fortunately, my packages had arrived a few days earlier, so we were able to use the items I had purchased specifically for the event.

Cynthia had asked Heather Hoe from Brasov to be out guest speaker. She came with four other ladies and it was a great blessing to see them all again.

We spent hours decorating and preparing for the event, but it was worth it. The church was beautiful and everyone had a wonderful time.


We invited several moms of the gypsy kids from the after school program…none of them were able to come, but one of the kid’s older sister came. Although she didn’t know anyone, she participated in the games and conversations and even teared up at the end when it was time to leave. I hope we get to see her again soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home