Welcome family and friends to my very first blog. To abandon means to surrender or yield oneself and I have recklessly abandoned my life to heed the call that God has put on my heart to move to Romania and work with orphan children. I am full of unbounded enthusiasm and exuberance as I begin this journey to Romania and am excited to share my adventure with you!

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Finally!


I'm finally in Romania! Getting here was an adventure in itself. On Friday, June 23rd we flew to Los Angeles and settled in for a long lay-over. After several hours, we discovered our flight to Frankfurt, Germany had been CANCELED!! We had to get all of our luggage...all 20 checked bags not counting our carry-ons...and take it to a nearby hotel. Sounds simple enough...but it took them over 3 hours to find our luggage!!

We were back in line the next morning...3 hours before the ticket counters opened. It was just the amount of time we needed...all of us were able to get on the plane to Germany...by that time we had added 7 more team members from Los Angeles...so finding 17 seats was no easy task since we discovered the flight the previous day had also been canceled. We arrived safely in Frankfurt, but discovered there was no more room on the flight to Bucharest!! That meant ANOTHER night wasted! Again we had to get all of our luggage and haul it all over the Frankfurt airport. The hotel we stayed at that night was pretty nice...very European. Boy did they have a great spread for dinner and breakfast...all compliments of the airline!

We finally arrived in Bucharest two days later than scheduled and stayed the night. We drove the next day to Bistrita by van. It was a 10 hour drive, but we saw some great sites along the way...including a stop for lunch in Brasov...one of the cities I have been wanting to visit while I'm here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home